AZ-900: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
Learn the fundamentals of Azure, and get certified, with this complete beginner's AZ-900 course, includes practice test
Candidates for this exam should have foundational knowledge of cloud services and how those services are provided with Microsoft Azure. The exam is intended for candidates who are just beginning to work with cloud-based solutions and services or are new to Azure.
Azure Fundamentals exam is an opportunity to prove knowledge of cloud concepts, Azure services, Azure workloads, security and privacy in Azure, as well as Azure pricing and support. Candidates should be familiar with the general technology concepts, including concepts of networking, storage, compute, application support, and application development. Azure Fundamentals can be used to prepare for other Azure role-based or specialty certifications, but it is not a prerequisite for any of them.
NOTE: The bullets that appear below each of the skills measured are intended to illustrate how we are assessing that skill. This list is not definitive or exhaustive.
NOTE: Most questions cover features that are General Availability (GA). The exam may contain questions on Preview features if those features are commonly used.
Describe Cloud Concepts (20-25%)
- Identify the benefits and considerations of using cloud services
- Describe the differences between categories of cloud services
- Describe the differences between types of cloud computing
Describe Core Azure Services (15-20%)
- Describe the core Azure architectural components
- Describe core resources available in Azure
Describe core solutions and management tools on Azure (10-15%)
- Describe core solutions available in Azure
- Describe Azure management tools
Describe general security and network security features (10-15%)
- Describe Azure security features
- Describe Azure network security
Describe identity, governance, privacy, and compliance features (20- 25%)
- Describe core Azure identity services
- Describe Azure governance features
- Describe privacy and compliance resources
Describe Azure cost management and Service Level Agreements (10- 15%)
- Describe methods for planning and managing costs
- Describe Azure Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and service lifecycles